18.2.07

If you want a Wii Go to Sams Club...They have lots of them....high five!

Yesterday, I went on a mission to find a Wii. I went to CompUSA, Best Buy, EB Games, Gamestop, Walmart, Tar-jey (Target for the uninformed), etc. etc. By the end of the day, I was on my last legs, and had almost given up hope for being able to throw my Wii-mote through a window because the wrist straps broke and then be able to sue Nintendo. Just kidding. The last store I visited EB Games, had a bored looking clerk, who looked like he knew what I was going to ask him before I even said it, and say "No, and I don't know when the next shipment is coming in you ignorant little twat," but he held his breath until I actually did ask him, and then replied "No, and I don't know when the next shipment is coming in." (He said the "ignorant little twat" part with his eyes...it's much more effective).
Being extremely frustrated I asked him if he knew where I could find one, and he replied "Sam's Club" before going back to his game of Guitar Hero. Seeing as there was a Sam's club right across from where I was, I figured, "what the hell" and decided to go check it out.
For those of you who don't know, Sam's Club is actually club. You have to have a membership to get into it, and when you do you get low prices on everything from stone crab to dish washer detergent, all in huge bulk quantities. Seeing as I didn't have a membership, I walked in and went to go sign up. A half hour, and 40 bucks later I had a nice shiny new Sams Club card, and went to go find a Wii.
How Sam's Club does it, is they have a little sign that says the product, and then under it they have these little pieces of paper with a scanner code on it, that you take to the cash register when you check out. Elated that there were little Wii slips left I took one and went over to the cash register to check out. Once I did, a woman came over to look at what slip I had and get my product. This is the part where I get pissed.
She said "Oh, we just sold the last one of those about a minute before you got here."
So the little slips don't correspond to a Wii in the inventory, and I got screwed.

So go get your Wii's and Sam's Club...they have lots of them....HIGH FIVE!

No comments: